Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Begin the Beguine

     I have always fancied myself as somewhat of a writer.  I feel I have the writers spirit.  I certainly express myself best in print more than any other medium. So after having this blog for 4 years I guess I am going to finally put it to some use.  With the stressors of life becoming greater and with RN/BSN school looming in the (hopefully) near future this will be a chronicle of my time going through it as well as getting my brain back in writing mode! Two for the price of one! Your lucky day!!!

    How does one go from wanting to write to being a nurse? Laziness and lack of focus, mostly. Being a nurse is very hard work but being a writer is harder.  For me writing is like giving birth, sans the blood, for the most part. At least for me, it is a painful experience. I have all these great characters and interesting scenarios in my head and they pretty much just want to stay there. They are perfectly happy right where they are and take quite a bit of pushing to get them out. My kids births were like this, except I had drugs that helped speed things along. Having no desire to end up like Poe, Dick or Hunter S. I shall forgo the drugs and alcohol.

     My Dad is a wonderfully engaging writer. My brother (adopted) Tom and his lovely wife (ironically named Robin) are fantastic writers. I have met and even shared beds (but nothing else) with fantastic writers. Though perhaps not writers by profession, they are writers at heart. I want to be a writer at heart, not just in spirit... 

    

    

No comments: